Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Rice pudding

I grew up on rice pudding, mum was always making it. I don't actually stick to her exact recipe when I make it though. She pre-cooks the rice for 5 min before hand and I'm too lazy to do that these days.

1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 cup milk
some lemon rind (or zest of a lemon)
a cinnamon stick (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)

This needs to be cooked for 40 min. I find I have to check it every 10 min and top up with water. You could top up with milk for a creamier version.

Then add 1 cup sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. For a creamier version add 1 cup cream. Blend 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour with some water and add slowly to the mixture. Cook on low for a further 5 min. Allow to sit for 30min before eating - it's too hot anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment