Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oven baked fish

Here's a simple little recipe that I tried out yesterday and is now going to become one of my regulars. I found it in the Spring Vol 47 edition of Healthy & Heartwise magazine whilst watiting to see my GP. I modified it slightly too.

Fish wrapped in eggplant in a Saladette Truss tomato sauce (long title for such a simple little dish!)


Make up a simple tomato sauce with some garlic, whole peeled and deseeded tomatos and salt. I just use my trusty Pasta Sauce that I posted about a while back (I use it for everything and has veggies in it).

Cook some eggplant slices in some olive oil till brown on both sides. I used some from my garden.

Place the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place a slice of eggplant for each fish fillet you are using - I used Orydory fillets as they were on special. Then place the fish fillet on top, followed by some fresh basil leaves (I picked these fresh from the garden too) and then another slice of eggplant. Sprinkle with some more basil and drizzle with some olive oil.

Place into the oven at 180degCel uncovered until fish is cooked. Mine took 30min.

No comments:

Post a Comment