Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

My veggie patch





With mum's lovely help I finally set up my first attempt at a vegetable garden. Here are some pictures.
I had been digging all my food scraps into the area over the last year so the soil was absoulutely rich with nutrients. We just needed to buy a bag of cow manure to help it along further.
In the square brick area I've got lettuce, spring onion, carrots and capsicums. In the long area there's corn, tomatos, beans, snow peas, eggplant, zucchini and capsicum. We also dotted the area with marigold plants.
The long empty area is just a bed that we prepared whilst we decide what to plant. The other empty looking area has lavendar planted in it. Don't mind the pile of greenery from all the trees we chopped down recently!

No comments:

Post a Comment