Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recycled Headbands


When I exercise I wear a headband to keep my hair back and off my face. I've been using the same little number for months now and have to wash it constantly.

Today when I was taking up some yoga pants it suddenly dawned on me that I could use the cut off hems and recycle them into some much needed headbands! So that is exactly what I did.

I overlocked all the cut off edges with black thread - I'm too lazy when it comes to overlocking and changing thread colours. My overlocker is quite old and temperamental so I try to avoid upsetting it with too much poking and prodding. No one but me is going to see the results anyway. The other ends already had the hems in place so I didn't need to touch those.

I then folded over the overlocked edges and sewed into place with a straight stitch. Now I have 5 new headbands waiting to be used ( I would have had 6 as I took up 3 pairs of pants but I lost one to the overlock monster muahahaaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment