Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Handmade pesto



I made this delicious batch of pesto today with some basil I have growing in my garden. I chopped up all the ingredients by hand using nothing but a sharp knife and chopping board. Yes, it took me 10min of concentrated effort but I wanted a rustic result. Pesto is an old recipe anyway and all the nonas from previous generations were making it well before the invention of blenders and food processors.

Recipe
A large bunch of basil
2 handfuls of nuts of your choice - I used macadamias today
2 large handfuls of parmesan
1 clove of garlic
some salt and olive oil to taste

Chop all the ingredients up individualy and transfer into a container as you go so as not to overcrowd your board. Mix well and drizzle in as much oil as you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment