Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Make your own fabric softener

I've been using vinegar around the house for a few years now. Every month I would buy 2 litres, water it down to make 4 and then leave in the sun to "set". Recently, I came across another way to make it last even longer as a fabric softener. Normally I use between 1/2 cup to 1 cup to rinse clothes or Josh's cloth nappies. With this new recipe I have been able to reduce my usage so my 4 litres will now last quite a while!!

In an empty 2 litre vinegar bottle add

2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons eucalyptus oil
2 tablespoons cheap hair conditioner

Top up with water to fill the bottle then shake to mix. Use anywhere from 1/2cup to 1 cup depending on what you have washed. I tend to use 1 cup for cloth nappies, cleaning rags, kitchen towels, linens and white clothes.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds fantastic Maria. Thanks for that. I'm going to give it a go. Had run out of fabric softener a while ago. (BTW love the family photos!)

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete