Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bathroom wipes

This morning I did a cull of Joshua's summer play t-shirts and made up another batch of bathroom wipes aka "wee wipes". I have been using these for the past 2 1/2 years. After starting out with cloth diapers 2 years ago I soon got over the icky factor and switched over to cloth toilet paper. Well, I will let you in on a little secret - I use these for both number 1's and 2's. What difference is there between soiled cloth diapers and soiled bathroom wipes - only your attitude to hold you back LOL.

My template measures 30cm by 20cm. I use weights to hold the paper down and cut out with scissors. If your fabric is large enough you can use both the front and back of the t-shirt. Also, be sure that you only use 100% cotton or cotton/lycra and not cotton/polyester.



I go through the leftover scraps and cut up any usable bits to make kitched wipes and spectacle wipes.


Fold lengthwise then cross wise to get four layers. Sew on three sides only, then trim off any uneven edges.

Cut off and keep any buttons.

The wipes are stored in a basket on the left and used ones in a bucket on the right. Come nappy wash day they get chucked into the wash together.

No comments:

Post a Comment