Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pasta sauce



Here's my recipe for pasta sauce. It's got lots of veggies in it. I didn't have any spinach today, so left that out.

2 tins diced tomato
2 emtpy tins filled with water
1 cup red lentils
1 onion
3 cloves garlci
2 carrots
2 zucchini
2 red capsicum
1 bag baby spinach
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 stock cubes
2 tablespoons sugar
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon oregano

Sautee the onion and garlic, chop the veggies in the food processor and add then cook for about 5 min. Add everything else then bring to the boil, turn down and simmer for 30 min. I like to check it for taste after 15 min. Let it cool then puree with a stick blender. The picture shows the sauce before I blended it down.

From this base I usually make the following:
1. Lasagna
2. Canneloni
3. Meatball sauce
4. Chilli con carne
5. Spaghetti

No comments:

Post a Comment