Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Make your own tiny teddy biscuits


When I did my monthly grocery shopping yesterday I was almost tempted to buy a packet of Tiny Teddy biscuits for Joshua as I never buy him anything like that. Luckily I stopped myself in time with a firm resolve that I could make something much better. I came up with this recipe and made a batch up as a trial and they were all gobbled up by the end of the afternoon. Now, I'm not the best of bakers and Josh usually rejects what I make, especially muffins, but he loved these so much he refused to share too many of them with me LOL. Looks like I have another family favourite to add to my recipe book. This is a very large batch so you can either make up the whole lot and then freeze into portions and stagger the baking so you always have a fresh batch to eat or you can half or quarter the amounts.

Recipe
500g salt reduced margarine
250g sugar
750g wholemeal self rasing flour
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the margarine and sugar first then add the flour and vanilla.
Dump it onto a piece of baking paper and kneed until it comes together. Leave it on the bench for 30min so that it forms a more manageable dough.

At this point you have 3 ways to work with it.
1. Roll into balls and drop them onto your lined baking tray and flatten them out.
2. Roll into a 3cm wide log and slice them into rounds.
3. Place between two slices of baking paper and roll out and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.

I rolled mine out and used a teddy bear cookie cutter to get the shapes. This biscuit doesn't spread very much when it is baked so you can place your biscuits fairly close together. Cook in a 170degC oven for 20min, then remove and allow to cool.

To make the chocolate cream binder I used equal parts peanut butter and chocolate syrup (I made this myself and will post the recipe shortly). You could just use Nutella or some cream cheese and honey, whatever takes your fancy..... Spread some onto one side of your biscuits then press another one on to make a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment