Tuesday, May 24, 2011
This custard is so yummy and not very sweet as it only has a small amount of sugar in it. To make it you will need:
1 egg (or egg replacer equivalent to 1 egg)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/2 cup milk powder
2 cups hot water
1 teaspoon vanilla
18g powdered cacao
In a medium size pot.......
1. Dissolve the cornflour in a small amount of water.
2. Add the egg and sugar and stir briskly to combine.
3. Add the milk powder and stir in.
4. Pour in the hot water.
5. Dissolve the cacao in a little hot water so it doesn't clump and add to the pot.
6. Add the vanilla.
7. If you have been unlucky and it has formed clumps then just whiz them out with a stick blender.
****optional****I like to add 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and cardamon
Slowly bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling stir for a couple of minutes. Pour into a container, scatter some favourite biscuits on top and leave to cool. Joshua likes Tiny Teddies so I use these. As the custard gets eaten you can always scatter some more over the top. The first layer of bikkies will go soggy but as these are chocolate they will just add to the yumminess.